If you wish to apply to the next round of our grants to plant trees during National Tree Week 2018, please review and download the Community Trees funding criteria, guidance, application form and budget form. Do be aware that we review our eligibility criteria every year. You will need to ensure that your project meets all the criteria listed, and that you are eligible to apply for a grant. The guidance and applications forms are available below.
This grant fund is open to community groups, both formal and ad hoc, within the United Kingdom. Please ensure that children under the age of 16 are included in the planting project.
We will fund trees of appropriate species, size and numbers, of which up to 4 may be fruit trees (but no more than that) on semi-vigorous, vigorous and very vigorous rootstocks. If you wish to plant more than 4 fruit trees, please make a separate application for that part of the project to the Orchard Windfalls Fund.
For reference, our Community Trees Fund 2018 Eligibility Criteria is:
- Applications must be on behalf of a community group which must be a charity / not for profit organisation;
- Children under the age of 16 must be ACTIVELY involved in the planting process;
- Planting must take place on publicly accessible land, usually in public or charity ownership;
- The community group must be able to raise 25% of planting costs;
- Hedge plants and willow are not eligible for funding;
- No more than 4 fruit trees, on semi-vigorous, vigorous and very vigorous rootstocks, may be included in the selecton;
- This programme will only fund up to 4 fruit trees on semi-vigorous, vigorous and very vigorous rootstocks;
- Planting must take place during National Tree Week (or as soon as possible afterwards);
- Applications in respect of work already carried out are not eligible.
The Community Trees Fund grant pack is available here