Can you help? We need your experience and case studies!
We’re wanting to hear about your projects and experiences that we can share with other Tree Wardens across the country!
The Tree Council are developing useful resources that Tree Wardens can both tap into and contribute to, and part of this will include real life case studies and experiences from people such as yourselves.
But we need your help!
Inspired by the Charter for Trees, Woods and People, we want good examples of best practice, as well as the lessons learnt and what you’d do next time in the following areas:
Trees in the planning process:
- Have you responded to a planning application and successfully changed the outcome to benefit trees?
- Can you share tree related case studies, where existing trees have been successfully saved, or where new trees have been fought for and subsequently planted in a new development?
- Do you work with or within Planning?
- Can you offer insight regarding what Tree Wardens should look out for when responding to planning applications?
- Under what circumstances does it make better sense to remove a tree?
- What innovative tree-compensation could Tree Wardens propose in response to lost trees?
Trees to help strengthen landscapes:
- Have you been involved in tree planting projects specifically for flood mitigation, strengthening waterway banks or for the purpose of water filtration?
- Have you worked successfully with people in the agricultural sector to plant/maintain trees/hedges?
- Are you a farmer? Can you provide insight about how to work with farmers regarding trees? We’d like to hear what works and what’s problematic when it comes to trees.
If you think your involvement with one of the above could be useful to help other Tree Wardens, please contact Kristina on firstname.lastname@example.org with an outline of your experience. Please briefly include some ‘best practice’ discussion points and a ‘lesson that you learnt’ during this experience.
This is an opportune time to work together, drawing from the expertise and knowledge of Tree Wardens across the country, The Tree Council, and other Charter supporting organisations, to create a pool of resources.
We look forward to hearing from you!