If you wish to apply to the next round of our grants please revisit our site after National Tree Week 2017. Do be aware that we review our eligibility criteria every year. You will need to ensure that your project meets all the criteria listed, and that you are eligible to apply for a grant. The guidance and applications forms will be available from Monday 4th December 2017.
This grant is open to all schools within the United Kingdom with pupils aged 16 or under. For ideas to inspire children to plant trees in their schools and celebrate this experience creatively as part of their curriculum, see our Tree Ties CD
We will fund trees of appropriate species, size and numbers, of which up to 4 may be fruit trees (but no more than that) on semi-vigorous, vigorous and very vigorous rootstocks. If you wish to plant more than 4 fruit trees, please make a separate application for that part of the project to the Orchard Windfalls Fund.
For reference, our Trees for Schools Fund 2017 Eligibility Criteria was:
- Projects must fall between £100 and £700;
- Children under the age of 16 must be ACTIVELY involved in the planting process;
- Schools must be local authority run or registered as a 'not for profit’ organisation (including a community interest company, a charity organisation or a social enterprise);
- The school must be able to raise 25% of the planting costs;
- Hedge plants and willows are not eligible for funding;
- No more than 4 fruit trees, on semi-vigorous, vigorous and very vigorous rootstocks, may be included in the selection;
- This programme will only fund up to 4 fruit trees on semi-vigorous, vigorous and very vigorous rootstocks;
- Planting must take place during National Tree Week (or as soon as possible afterwards);
- Applications in respect of work already carried out are not eligible.