THE TREES FOR SCHOOLS FUND 2015 IS NOW CLOSED.
Thank you for your interest in our Trees for Schools Fund 2015, part of our Tree Futures grant programme.
This grant is open to all schools within the United Kingdom with pupils aged 16 or under. For ideas to inspire children to plant trees in their schools and celebrate this experience creatively as part of their curriculum, see our Tree Ties CD.
We will fund up to 4 fruit trees (but no more than that) on semi-vigorous, vigorous and very vigorous rootstocks.
If you wish to plant more than 4 fruit trees, please refer to our Orchard Windfalls Fund.
Trees for Schools Fund 2015 Eligibility Criteria:
- Projects must fall between £100 and £700;
- Children under the age of 16 must be ACTIVELY involved in the planting process;
- Schools must be local authority run or registered as a 'not for profit’ organisation (including a community interest company, a charity organisation or a social enterprise);
- The school must be able to raise 25% of the planting costs;
- Hedge plants and willows are not eligible for funding;
- This programme will only fund up to 4 fruit trees on semi-vigorous, vigorous and very vigorous rootstocks;
- Planting must take place during National Tree Week (or as soon as possible afterwards);
- Applications in respect of work already carried out are not eligible.
If your project meets all the criteria listed, you are eligible to apply for a grant.
For further information you can download the Application Form and accompanying guidelines for the Trees for Schools Fund 2015 here.
The deadline for applications is the 31st of March 2015.