THE TREES FOR SCHOOLS FUND 2013 IS NOW CLOSED. Information below is for reference only.
Grant applications for the 2013 planting season are now closed. We hope to re-open the Tree Futures grant programme for applications for planting in 2014 after National Tree Week 2013 (23rd November - 1st December).
Thank you for your interest in our Trees for Schools Fund, part of our Tree Futures grant programme.
This grant is open to all Schools within the United Kingdom with pupils aged sixteen or under.
For ideas to inspire children to plant trees in their schools and celebrate this experience creatively as part of their curriculum, see our Tree Ties CD.
For alternative ideas on exciting things to do with your School grounds, you can visit the website of Love School Grounds.
If you would like to plant an orchard, please look at the information about our new Orchard Windfalls Fund.
Grant Eligiblity Criteria
- Projects must fall between £100 and £700
- Children under the age of 16 must be ACTIVELY involved in the planting process
- Schools must be local authority run or registered as a 'not for profit’ organisation (including a community interest company, a charity organisation or a social enterprise)
- The School must be able to raise 25% of the planting costs
- Hedge plants and willow are not eligible for funding
- Apple and pear trees on selected root stocks are the only fruit trees eligible for funding
- Planting must take place during National Tree Week
- Applications in respect of work already carried out are ineligible
You can download the 2013 further information and application form here to give you an idea of what is involved in making an application.
NB: this material is not current and the closing date for 2013 applications has passed. The fund will not open again for applications until December.