If you wish to apply to the next round of our grants please revisit our site after National Tree Week 2017. The guidance and applications forms will be available shortly. The deadline for all our grants is 31st March 2018.
The Tree Council's Tree Futures grant scheme offers help for tree planting through two programmes: the Trees for Schools and the Community Trees funds. Any school or community group within the United Kingdom that is planning a project which actively involves children under the age of 16 is encouraged to draw on the fund to plant trees and make a greener future.
The Tree Council's National Tree Week (from 25 November to 3 December in 2017) is the focus for these projects and successful applicants organise their planting events in conjunction with our annual celebration of the new tree planting season.
In addition, we are offering funds for the planting of orchards by schools and community groups through our Orchard Windfalls Fund, first launched for the 2013 planting season.
We are able to fund projects between £100 and £700 and successful applicants will receive up to 75% towards their planting costs. For example, if your project totals £700, The Tree Council would offer up to £525. The remaining 25% will need to be secured by your school or organisation.
With the generous support of an anonymous donor we have been able to produce a Key Stage 1 & 2 teaching and learning resource which will be sent out free of charge to all successful grant applicants. See further information and purchasing details for the Tree Ties CD ROM here.